Monday 16 April 2012

This Modern Age We Live In...

We normally get our food delivered and the bags are helpfully labelled according to whether the supermarket reckons it goes in the cupboard/fridge/freezer - in case you were going to freeze your cereal, or something (although who are they to stop you if you wanted to - people of the world, rise up! MISFILE YOUR GROCERIES!). I assume that this is not because it is thought most people would otherwise be left standing in the middle of their kitchens, paralysed by indecision, but either to show that they care, or to stop people suing them. But it still seems rather a waste of time and energy.


I am feeling particularly patronised by these bags today because I took the delivery this evening and there was - horror of horrors! - an unmarked bag! This was, the deliveryman spontaneously explained, because this ice cream had initially not been in stock and so was added at the last minute. However, he also felt the need to assure me that although it was in a substitution bag, it still went in the freezer. 


Why? Just why?

I didn't know whether to be more amused or annoyed, so I settled for a politely neutral expression and a nod. And then decided to blog about it.


2 comments:

  1. MISFILE YOUR GROCERIES!

    ... Somehow, I feel that Douglas Adams would have appreciated this story.

    ReplyDelete